Registration of domain names in the EU zone was opened on April 7, 2006. In total, more than 3.5 million domains are registered in the .eu zone.
A domain name in the EU zone can only be registered by individuals and companies resident in one of the countries of the European Union.
- Domain name must be between 3 and 63 characters
- Must start and end with a number or letter
- You cannot use two hyphens in a row
- The use of various geopolitical terms, geographical names, and letter codes of the Eurozone states is prohibited. Some names are reserved by the European Commission.
- DNS update may take up to 10 minutes
- You must be a resident of one of the EU countries
- The domain is being registered to customer data
Why you need to buy an EU domain, all the information about EU domain registration.
The .eu extension is a country code top level domain (ccTLD) created for the member states of the European Union..Eu domain registration is your key to the unimaginably large European online network to realize any possibilities.If you are targeting the European market, you are interested in your target audience in Europe, or you are doing business in the EU, you can buy a .eu domain and supplement your page name with a .eu top-level domain, which will give you wider reach outside of your country.It is possible to register a .eu domain in combination with a separate country code or .com domain, which will make your Internet resource truly global.The .eu domain is open for registration of organizations and residents of EU member states. This means you can show the world that you are a legal entity based in the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway. You can buy .eu domain and hosting by showing that you are subject to all applicable trade laws and standards.An inexpensive .eu domain does not force you to invest a lot in your website. A relatively cheap .eu domain will allow your resource to enter the world market and even outside of Europe.